F8 and Maple11 or 9.5

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 21:57:10 UTC 2007

Tom Rivers <tom <at> impact-crater.com> writes:

> Mike,
>
> I don't know if this helps, but I currently have Maple 10 installed on a
> F7 workstation.  If there's something I can run to help you figure this
> out, just let me know.
>
> Tom

Thanks Tom - I just don't know where to start with this - Maple 9.5, 10 and 11
all worked fine in F7.  I can only imagine there is a package that was
installed by default in F7 that is not there by default in F8 - but there
are probably a whole raft of them.

Once someone finds which it is then anyone running Maple will benfit from
the knowledge and take the anxiety out of upgrading.

Is it possible to run the binary with a debug output somehow?
In the past I have run strace but I am not sure how to do it with the binary.

Thanks
Mike