F8. How to disable pulseaudio

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 17:05:35 UTC 2007

On Friday 16 November 2007 04:26:31 Rex Dieter wrote:
> Colin J Thomson wrote:
> > OK Rex, so what are the "Fedora KDE SIG" suggestions, would be most
> > interesting. As mentioned in a previous post I think the default settings
> > is "Auto" in the control center and suspend of 60secs.
>
> Yes, that's the default (for good reason). :)

Ok thanks,
One other thing I have noticed is a "lag" in the desktop (KDE) sound events
when running pulseaudio.
No pulseaudio switching desktops for example the sound event is instant, with
pulse there is a good 1 second lag/delay before the sound event plays.

I'll do more digging around over the weekend.

Colin
--
Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)
Registered Linux user number #342953