Can't find missing font on Fedora 8

Lane Brooks lbrooks at MIT.EDU
Sat Nov 17 15:58:59 UTC 2007

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Lane Brooks wrote:
>

>> Starting xfs did not help, and I get the following error when I try to
>> install base-x:
>> Warning: Group base-x does not exist.
>>

> yum groupinstall base-x
> worksforme. ??

I tried the yum groupinstall base-x again, and I must have had a typo
last time.  This time I get a big list of packages already installed and
then "No packages in any requested group available to install or
update".  So it looks like I have all the base-x rpms installed already.

This application ran fine for me on F7.  Any one have any idea on what
the problem is:

X Error of failed request:  BadName (named color or font does not exist)
  Major opcode of failed request:  45 (X_OpenFont)
  Serial number of failed request:  16