Thunderbird

Kenny Gow kgfedora at swbell.net
Sat Nov 17 16:42:43 UTC 2007

Richard England wrote:
> I'm looking at the pull downs in the top bar    where I see   ...Edit
> View   Insert....  in the main or home Thunderbird window
> and under View I see only the following items with "Message" in their
> titles:      Message Body as
>    Message Source
>    Message Security Info
>
> This is the same using Thunderbird 2.0.0.5 (20070727) on F7 Moonshine
> and  Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (20071115) on F8 Werewolf
>
> I do not see a "Messages"  menu item.
>
> Is it possible that there is a customization that is making this visible
> or invisible?

It wasn't visible for me either until I dragged and dropped the Mail Views
widget on the Toolbar using the Customize Toolbars feature.

I found this in the Thunderbird 2 release notes/Known Issues:

 > The mail views toolbar button is no longer a default toolbar button. Users of
this feature must add it back to their default toolbar in the mail 3-pane
window: View / Toolbars / Customize.

 From my testing, putting the Mail Views dropdown button on the toolbar makes
the View->Messages menu item appear. Removing it makes the menu item disappear.

--Kenny