F8 sound problems

elron6900 no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Sun Nov 18 14:25:48 UTC 2007

> flite: pcm_params.c:2351: sndrv_pcm_hw_params: Assertion `err >= 0'
> failed.
> Aborted

I'll tag in here, rather than start a new thread at the moment.

F8 sound does seem to have a few kinks to work out.  On one hand, the
Pulse audio is kind of neat for me - I was just trying MonkeyBubble
with "Tommy" by the who playing around it. The ability to balance the
two sound streams is just awesome! On the other, a fair number of my
other low minded games have lost their audio feed completely. Maelstrom
hangs completely after the initial splash screen, but never bringing up
the main menu.

Something doesn't seem quite completely baked here.
For the record, I should add I've checked under both Gnome and KDE, and both give me the same error.  VLC seems to work fine, but no luck with kino ...

elron

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=220250&topic_id=47356&forum=10#forumpost220250
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame elron6900 at gmail.com.