Subpixel Hinting in KDE?

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 18:15:30 UTC 2007

On Sunday 18 November 2007 01:09:54 pm Ian Pilcher wrote:
> Can someone explain why GNOME is not affected by these patents?
>
> I know that GNOME is "da bomb" and all; I just didn't expect patent
> attorneys to be so clueful.  ;-)

Well...I'm not a Gnome user (I mainly use the gnome-control-center to change
font settigns for the GTK apps I use in KDE) and a fact is that the subpixel
hinting option is there in the Fonts section (Gnome). I think the option is
there but the funcionality isn't. You may think you activate it but unleess
you install the modified freetype package you are not getting subpixel
hinting. KDE seems more intelligent in this respect...as it KNOWS it isn't
available and the option for it is grayed out.  That's what I think is
happening. I could be wrong though.

--
Jorge