Sun's JRE is broken on Fedora 8

Rainer Traut tr.ml at gmx.de
Mon Nov 19 12:37:55 UTC 2007

Hi,

Christopher A. Williams schrieb:
> On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 23:38 +1030, Tim wrote:
>> On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 05:58 -0700, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
>>> Notes 8.0 is impressively messy in where it wants to install files.
>>> Not everything goes in a user's directory. It's quite a messy
>>> application. The again, the only reason why I use it is because
>>> my company uses it as their mail application
>> I don't suppose finding an alternative compatible program would be a
>> possible solution?  Are you sure that you need it in particularly.
>
> Don't get me wrong - if something like Evolution worked as a
> Notes/Domino e-mail client, I'd be a very happy guy!
>
> I just haven't found anything out there that can. Does anyone know of
> something?
>
> On a separate note, I saw that Notes 8.0.1 is scheduled for a 1/08
> release, but there's no mention that the Java bug will be fixed then.

You have not told us what Domino services you are using and how you
connect to them.

Domino understands many open protocols like POP3, IMAP, SMTP, LDAP, all
with ssl encrytpion and so on.
You can use fedora packaged sw like evolution or thunderbird, they work
fine.

But it also works with Notes RPC services and this is no open protocol.
For this to work you need the notes client and your notes ID.

Rainer