ProFTPD issue

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Mon Nov 19 17:14:37 UTC 2007

At 5:57 PM +1030 11/19/07, Tim wrote:
>Tim:
>>> Sounds like you want to look into "chroot".
>
>Tony Nelson:
>> What he says he's doing does just that:
>
>But by description only.  Now, with the right keyword to search for,
>they might find the information that they need to be able to do so.

He's given the exact ProFTPd config command he used ("DefaultRoot  ~
onlyftpusers"), and the configuration command name is correct.  Look up
"ProFTPd DefaultRoot" yourself if you don't believe me about what it does.

Here is the original message again, which gives the configuration command
he used and the claim that a user with group membership in onlyftpusers was
able to browse outside of the user's home directory.  He should still post
his entire /etc/proftpd.conf file and the output of `groups myuser`.