Dual layer dvd burning

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon Nov 19 23:16:29 UTC 2007

Mike Morraye wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I would like to buy a Dual layer burner so i can burn my data. ( with k3b)
> But i read a lot about the slow burning process.
>
> How long would it take to burn a 8GB  @ 8x speed on a dual layer dvd?
>
> Thx in advance. ( I dont like spending my money to the wrong stuff )

Eh?
Are there current DVD burners that don't do dual-layer? I have some
Pioneer DVD burners that I bought because they were cheapish and weren't
the brand I don't like, and those do DL.

What bothered me last time I looked was the media price; DL media seem
to me a bit like 2.88 Mbyte floppies, expensive and rare.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait