3-D graphing software?

Rick Stevens rstevens at internap.com
Tue Nov 20 00:02:57 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 23:51 +0000, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Nov 19, 2007 11:47 PM, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > In an advanced Calculus course, we are dealing with functions with 2
> > (and more) variables. Is there any 3-D graphing software for Fedora
> > available? Something like Kalgebra, but with a bit more functions such
> > as multiple functions graphed at the same time, asymptote min max and
> > other significant points, zoom into 3-D graph, graph of derivative and
> > integral, etc. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
>
> Gnuplot or Maxima with WxMaxima as interface? Maxima uses Gnuplot.

If you install Mesa as well, there's tons of stuff that runs on that.
Try http://www.mesa3d.org/ and go to the "Links" section on the left
pane of the page.

- Rick Stevens, Principal Engineer             rstevens at internap.com -
- CDN Systems, Internap, Inc.                http://www.internap.com -
-  Memory is the second thing to go, but I can't remember the first! -