Turbo Memory

Tomasz Torcz tomek at crocom.com.pl
Tue Nov 20 08:43:14 UTC 2007

Dnia 19-11-2007, pon o godzinie 15:16 -0500, Kyle McMartin pisze:

> It's basically a mini pci express card that exposes some flash. If it
> adds to the cost to include it, I'd opt out unless you plan on dual
> booting Vista. (Vista uses it for caching frequently used programs so
> you can load them faster, instead of hitting disk access bottlenecks.
> iirc Microsoft calls this "ReadyBoost")

If it's just memory available over PCI, it could be used as swap.
http://hedera.linuxnews.pl/_news/2002/09/03/_long/1445.html
But I don't see the point. Maybe it would be better utilised as
ext3/reiserfs/zfs/other fs journal device, similarly to NVRAM
cache in storage arrays?
Maybe as device for Jens' Axboe fscache? Or for caching HDD using
cachefs (or how this is called nowadays)?
Adding PCI Express card for swap seems like overkill.

--
Tomasz Torcz