Can Java just shoot me?

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Wed Nov 21 07:37:17 UTC 2007

Knute Johnson wrote:
> Are you running F7 or F8?
>
> If F8 have you done all of the steps here?
>
> http://knutejohnson.com/sun-java-on-F8.html

I'm running fc6 and have yum updates current.  The test image does not
give an error message, and I do not have the popup at the top of the
window signaling I need java.  I must have some setting in firefox that
doesn't let the applet execute.  The javascript console reports:
Error: Error in parsing value for property 'cursor'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://www.java.com/css/default.css
Line: 349
There's a whole bunch for different properties like background, top, etc.
Tom