PUP - Insert CD?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Nov 22 15:13:46 UTC 2007

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Bob Goodwin writes:
>
>> I just booted the F8 computer, it immediately displayed the PUP
>> screen and after being told to do the update shows as above plus a
>> large "Insert CD" error message which does contain "Repository
>> Manager!"  I somehow missed that ...
>>
>> Clicking on that tells me it is stymied by "InstallMedia Fedora8."
>> Clicking on "Add" brings up a form requesting information that
>> requires a "new repository."  I could research that further but the
>> GUI looses its element of convenience at that point.
>
> Did you, perhaps, notice that prominent checkmark next to the
> "InstallMedia Fedora8" entry, and did you try experimenting what
> happens when you turn it off?

Yes I did and no I did not turn it off, should I?  I assumed it was
telling me I needed to add something and would get in deeper by simply
unselecting what it was telling me it thought I needed.

I can experiment further but it appeared to be something that needed fixing.

I've done PUP updates many times on this F7 computer without a hitch, it
usually just works.  I was surprise to see the error message which I
interpreted to mean something was/is wrong.

Bob Goodwin