power questions

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Thu Nov 22 18:04:25 UTC 2007

François Patte wrote:
> I have just installed f8 on my laptop and try to configure it. I have
> some questions:

Off the top of my head:
> 1- Why TuxOnIce is not the default suspend system?

Fedora tries to stick closely to upstream, and TuxOnIce isn't part of
the standard Linux kernel. If the Linux kernel maintainers thought that
TuxOnIce was the best option, Fedora would follow suit.

As it is, Red Hat is putting a lot of effort into trying to get the
standard Linux suspend system to work as well as they can.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | That brought a lump to the eye and a tear to the throat.
aprilcottage.co.uk |     -- "I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue", BBC Radio 4