PUP - Insert CD?

Bob Goodwin bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Thu Nov 22 18:18:15 UTC 2007

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Bob Goodwin wrote:
>> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>> Yes I did and no I did not turn it off, should I?  I assumed it was
>> telling me I needed to add something and would get in deeper by
>> simply unselecting what it was telling me it thought I needed.
>>
>> I can experiment further but it appeared to be something that needed
>> fixing.
>>
>> I've done PUP updates many times on this F7 computer without a hitch,
>> it usually just works.  I was surprise to see the error message which
>> I interpreted to mean something was/is wrong.
>>
>> Bob Goodwin
>>

> If you do not want to install off of the DVD for packages and find the
> prompt to enter the DVD distracting, yes.
> I believe the idea was to allow package installation from disc rather
> than downloading unchanged packages from the Internet.
>
> Jim

So, once you know what the error message means it seems obvious, but it
wasn't obvious to me!

Actually in my case that would be desirable since I would prefer to
install from the disk than run up usage on my limited Wildblue satellite
service.  However I think of PUP as an update application and updates
don't come via CD/DVD.  It would work if I left something off the
original install that is on the disk ...

Thanks to all.

Bob Goodwin