wpa_supplicant update on f7 broken with the b43 driver

Mike C mike.cohler at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 08:44:29 UTC 2007

Mike Leahy <mgleahy <at> golden.net> writes:

> Yes, I was able to use dhclient to connect to an unsecured network - I
> didn't test with my home connection using WPA2-PSK.  I'm not keen to go
> back to tinkering with CLI tools to configure my connections (my brain
> is low on capacity right now). However, if there is anything I can do to
> reveal what specifically is causing the problem with the new version of
> wpa_supplicant, let me know.

Mike

I was really just commenting that those error messages do not necessarily mean
that you will not be able to get a working connection. FWIW my method for doing
wireless connections is detailed at:
http://www-users.york.ac.uk/~mdc1/fedora_wireless.html

I wrote that a while back and updated it for F8 when I got iwl3945 going.

In the past day I got the rt73usb in-kernel driver going nicely also.

Hope this helps.