firefox redirecting problem

Lux Zhang yuanlux at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 15:07:26 UTC 2007

On Nov 23, 2007 11:06 PM, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam at courier-mta.com> wrote:
> Lux Zhang writes:

> >> Works for me, firefox 2.0.0.9 on FC 8.

> >> Dunno. But you should definitely fix whatever is causing your mail client to
> >> format your messages as utterly revolting HTML gibberish, turning firefox
> >> version numbers into URLs. Looking at the contents of your mail:

> >> Disgusting.
> >
> > Hi Hold your language.
> >
> > I use gmail to compose email. I guess it is your broswer view it as
> > html content.
>
> Unlike you, I do not use a "browser" to read my mail. I use a read mail
> client.
>
> > try clean up at your end
>
> Now that's a profound thought: it's not your fault when you send senseless,
> crap HTML, it's the reader's fault for seeing it, as your HTML generator
> intended it to see. Using the same logic: if you get stuck with some smelly
> person in the elevator, it's your fault for not wearing nose plugs.

Hi, let's call a truce. I use gmail to view messages from this mail
list. It is a new discovery that Gmail has two formats for editing a
message: Rich Formating and Plain Text. Rich formating caused that
"Disgusting" html stuff as you defined.
Hope you see this firefox 2.0.0.5 is not that ugly.

For Karl, my fix  was that:  It was due to an entry at /etc/hosts,
I had an  out-of-date ip and host name for this web site in this file.
 because my previous dns was not good.

It is normal after commented it out