stopping mail

Ed Kasky ed at esson.net
Fri Nov 23 15:43:23 UTC 2007

At 07:20 AM Friday, 11/23/2007, you wrote -=>

>I made a monitor from my machine (CentOS 4.5) to do an http to a machine
>retrieve some info to see if a process is running (on this remote
>machine I have
>a task running so it is easy to get the info from my machine).
>
>If I cannot access the remote machine, my machine sends mail to me
>and a couple
>other people saying the machine is unreachable.  My cronjob runs
>every 5 minutes.
>Juts occured to me now though that if our network goes down, my
>machine will be
>sending mail every 5 minutes saying the machine is
>unreachable.  These messages
>will get stored on my machine and all get sent when it comes up.
>
>I am wondering whether someone knows how to cancel mail that is
>queued on a machine, so it
>doesn't all get sent out.  I do have root access.

Webmin is the easiest option for sure...

If you are running sendmail, look at a tool called qtool in the
contrib subdirectory of the Sendmail source code distribution.

HTH

Ed

Randomly Generated Quote (192 of 1307):
"The tragedy of life is not so much what men suffer, but rather
  what they miss."       - Thomas Carlyle