wireless- networkmanager

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sun Nov 25 14:29:20 UTC 2007

On Sunday 25 November 2007, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-11-25 at 14:40 +0100, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Can someone tell me how I can get my atheros device to work with
> > networkmanager and a WPA-PSK key ?
> >
> > I plug in my card and it seems to be recognised (wlan0). I enter the
> > wpa-psk key in networkmanager and it just keeps asking me for the key.
> >
> > Is this a bug in networkmanager ?
> >
> > regards,
> > Marcel
>
> Could you be more specific as to what you are doing? I assume your start
> by left clicking on nm-applet icon. At what point are you entering your
> key?

Actually network manager doesn't find my network automatically so I set up a
new connection. I enter the key in the dialog of that new connecction.
Why it doesn't find my network automatically is a bit strange. My ibook which
is set up next my Linux laptop has no problem connecting to my wireless
network.

regards,
Marcel