PROJECT BLACKHAT

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Nov 26 03:11:55 UTC 2007

patrick quinn wrote:
> hello team fedora
>  me and my team are curentuly working on a reactos
> (http://www.reactos.org) based os called blackhat which is open source
> and 100% free.blackhats party piece is its ability to run not only win32
> but linux applications nativily.blackhat plays host to the latest open
> source and gnu software and environments .it will ultimately use the
> gnome interface as the default gui and have xgl alike abilites.i was
> wondering if you would be willing to put your name to this project amd
> give you very minor help and in exchange you will have permenant ad
> space at the top of are webpage and other fedora promotions troughout
> the os (eg in the welcome center).we will not ask anything of
> significance from you just giving blackhat some of that unmistakeable
> fedora charm.i personally am a huge fan of your os and hence the reason
> we have come to you.we would really aprecieate a reply be it negitive or
> positive
> seasons greetings team blackhat

It sounds like a god project to accommodate people who want to run some
programs which are native to a MS Windows type OS. I however am not too
interested in running MS Windows encumbered computers or chase down
drivers and anti-virus programs.
It does sound like fun for getting something like this release out in
order to void unnecessarily adding $ to the M. It also might be a good
trick to play on my wife, installing an almost Windows clone.

Jim

--
You will not be elected to public office this year.