home network planning question FC6

Tom Poe tompoe at fngi.net
Mon Nov 26 04:29:40 UTC 2007

Frank Cox wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 22:12:59 -0600
> Tom Poe <tompoe at fngi.net> wrote:
>

>> 2]  this is a Linksys WRT54G wireless broadband router
>> 3]  this is a Meraki wireless access point/router
>>

> What's the point of having two wireless routers?  Just trying to add more
> complexity to the setup?

Frank:  There are no wireless cards in the desktops.  The Meraki unit is
a $50 unit that I had left over from an attempt to convince our local
city government to move forward with a community initiative for low-cost
community wireless mesh network.  It has one port that is supposed to
plug into Internet device (in this case, my DHCP/DSL device).  If I use
it to extend reach of wireless cloud around home, I can impress
neighbors and possibly stir interest in mesh networking.  Does that make
sense?
Tom