PROJECT BLACKHAT

Craig White craig at tobyhouse.com
Mon Nov 26 20:42:00 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 12:54 -0600, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > great
> >
> > we now have Gene, Frank and Dave as list moms.
> >
> > knock yourselves out guys, you will really be performing a valuable
> > service to the fedora-list by making sure that those who misspell,
> > grammatically fracture the language, etc. are summarily dismissed - even
> > banished from the list if necessary.
> >
> > Craig
> >
> Well, I guess you can add me to that list. You seem to be missing
> the point - if you don't communicate clearly, then you are going to
> have a problem getting help, or persuading people to support your
> project. There are a lot of people on this list that will just
> ignore your message if they have to struggle to understand it. By
> this, I don't mean people struggling to write in English
> when it is not their native language.
>
> But sense you feel that clear posting is not necessary, then you
> handle these types of posts. After all, there is no reason they
> should try to reach the largest possible audience, is there?
----
Mikkel, I have great admiration for you and the help that you give on
the list and have done so for some time.

I was a bit dismayed last week when you piled on Karl for no reason
other than to satisfy your own bit of frustration.

Clear posting is obviously the best way to get answers...I don't dispute
that but I don't want the list dragged down by do-gooders who believe
that is their mission to police the list.

Craig