Problem with screen resolution in F8

zephod at cfl.rr.com zephod at cfl.rr.com
Tue Nov 27 04:48:59 UTC 2007

---- Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 21:33 -0500, zephod at cfl.rr.com wrote:
> > Unfortunately, 1280x1024 is not an option from
> > System->Preferences->Hardware->Screen Resolution or
> > System->Administration->Display.
>
> Have you picked a particular monitor type from the list?  Whether it be
> one that correctly identifies your monitor, or is just a generic monitor
> definition.  Picking a specific monitor stopped mine from making stupid,
> and wrong, assumptions about one of my monitors.

My monitor truely is a generic monitor and not on the list. The manufacture's name printed on the monitor is Maxstar but I think it is actually a Chinese company called Chi Mei Optoelectronics. The model number is A190E2-HOF. I only got one google hit but it didn't tell me much. This graphics card/monitor combination worked just fine under FC6.

Steve