b43: Driver keeps upping CPU % until system freezes for a few seconds?

Nick Hawes n.a.hawes at cs.bham.ac.uk
Tue Nov 27 09:10:40 UTC 2007

Hi,

Kelly Miller wrote:
> John W. Linville wrote:
>> Can you further characterize the exact circumstances to recreate
>> this issue?  Have you opened a bug at bugzilla.redhat.com?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John
>>
> Well, if I could put my finger on an exact cause, I'd be happier.

I'm having the exact same issue and it is making my whole system quite
frustrating to use. dmesg shows a lot of warnings in the form...

WARNING: at drivers/net/wireless/b43/

... followed by a stack trace, but that's the only clue that something
is not quite right.

I'd prefer to be able to provide a bit more relevant information when
opening a bug report, but if I can't get to the bottom of it soon I will
just go ahead with it.

cheers,

--
Nick