Fonts (Firefox/Windows & Firefox/Linux)

Jorge Fábregas jorge.fabregas at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 22:40:04 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 27 November 2007 01:04:25 am Tim wrote:
> DPI means dots per inch.  i.e. How many dots are there for displaying
> something within an inch of display space.  This value should be what
> the display actually is.  Once set, the system can display things at
> their real sizes upon demand.  e.g. If you have to draw a 1 cm circle,
> you can do so.  Likewise for other precise, and absolute sized, fonts.

I've been trying to set my DPI to 96 (in all places) around my system ...Now I
just figured out the actual DPI for my LCD is 86.  I like the way my fonts
look now (and their sizes) with 96 dpi....  Can we say the correct thing is
to set my system to 86 dpi and then change the fonts on my apps (to probably
one or two points higher)?

Jorge