file splitter and merger??

Jeff Krebs jkrebs at tconl.com
Thu Nov 29 02:19:23 UTC 2007

perhaps it was mentioned already, but "rar" (from FreshRPMs) compresses
AND splits files into multiple parts.

I've used it for moving large files (> 4 GB) across fat32 partitions.

An additional benefit is that the archiver is truly cross-platform, so
moving files between Windows and 'nix is simplified.

Jeff Krebs