unsubscribe

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Nov 29 10:49:46 UTC 2007

Tim:
>> I make a trivial effort to remain relatively anonymous, and avoid the
>> usual spam harvesters.  It doesn't stop those who know what they're
>> doing from working things out, but I'd expect that such people would
>> know better than to do what you did.

John Summerfield:
> The email address I suggested is unusable outside your mail server. See
> what the host IP address is. That was the key point to my suggestion.

I know, but 'twasn't anon, that's my key point against it.  If I wanted
to use my own domain name on here, I could do so, in any manner of
different ways, and still block reception of mail to it (null
sub-domains, non-existent mail boxes, etc.).  You weren't telling me
anything that I didn't already know, thought about, and rejected long
ago.

>> It's called paying someone out for doing two things as daft as you did.
>> Not respecting anonymity, then going on to talk to me about using
>> pseudonyms when I was already using my real name, and not using any
>> pseudonyms.  If you'd looked a bit harder, you'd have noticed those
>> points.

> It's perfectly possible that you've overlooked something, maybe that the
> email address I used is unusable, though it's in your power to change
> that when you need to receive its email to subscribe to a list.

The one who missed things was you.  I wasn't using pseudonyms, I already
had an address that blocked spam, and it was a real e-mail address.  My
mail client was already set up exactly as you were telling me to change
it to ("from" addressing information, etc.).  You looked at the wrong
information (message IDs and mail SERVER addresses in the headers).
Look again... this time not quoting the information.  I'd have to stuff
up using proper domain names throughout my entire computer network to
remove that information.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.