anyone have an Acer TravelMate notebook or anything with an Atheros wifi chip?

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 17:02:57 UTC 2007

On Nov 29, 2007 11:36 AM, Lonni J Friedman <netllama at gmail.com> wrote:

> So you did try using it with ndiswrapper?  If so, I'd like to try that
> out before I spend any more money, but I don't see AR5007EG listed on
> the ndiswrapper website.  Which driver did you use, and where did you
> get it? <https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedora-list>

Yes, I did, actually.  Though technically it does work, sometimes the system
just forgets the wireless is installed, and sometimes ndiswrapper just
refuses to connect to any wireless hub.  But if you want to try it, you can
get the XP drivers from
http://www.atheros.cz/download.php?atheros=AR5007EG&system=1 ; they do work
with ndiswrapper.

Also, you may want to search for and install the acer_acpi program...