[OT]Re: Windows XP Sucks!

tom tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Fri Nov 30 14:47:51 UTC 2007

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007, Ric Moore wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 21:57 +0000, Chris Jones wrote:
>> ivers101 wrote:
>>> I am a lurker in this conference, but notice that Karl's foibles do tend
>>> to take over the whole thing.   It's like a Saturday cartoon...
>>
>> Whilst I confess I sometimes wish Karl would stay a little more 'on
>> topic', you have to admit he does add his own special brand of interest
>> to this list. A little amusement now and then isn't so bad I guess.
>
> Heck, my mother is 4 years younger than Karl, and she refuses to turn on
> a computer that she bought 6 years ago. It still has Win98 on it and
> she's jerked that her new flip video recorder won't work with it. I'm
> gonna sneaky sneak install Fedora or Mandrake to it, she would never
> know the difference. But, if she ever found her way to this list, she'll
> make Karl look like a Saint. That's all some of you would need, is my
> Mom calling your Mom to tell her how Junior is behaving in public.
> <WHAM!> <chortles> No sirreee, not letting her know nothing. :) Ric

Ain't Moms wonnerful? We had to switch mine from an 8 bit Kaypro with
WordStar to a Mac SE. Took well over two years to get her to stop
insisting the the WordStar cursor diamond was going to work on the Mac.
(For the youth on the list - the WordStar diamond was a set of four keys
which moved the cursor around the text screen when used with the control
key.) A quarted century later she is still on a rant that techies do
things to suit themselves.