all x86_64 mirrors corrupted tonight?

Antti J. Huhtala ahuhtal4 at welho.com
Thu Nov 1 07:46:44 UTC 2007

to, 2007-11-01 kello 11:34 +1030, Tim kirjoitti:
> On Thu, 2007-11-01 at 01:48 +0200, Antti J. Huhtala wrote:
> > I can't help wondering, however, why should pup or yumex use .xml
> > files? Isn't it a M$ standard - and controversial at that?
>
> XML certainly is not, though Microsoft has made use of XML in perverted
> ways (as is their tendency).

OK, Tim, thanks. I read there has been controversy about XML but I
didn't know (and still don't) the details.
On another note, how hard can it be to check checksums before putting
files on mirrors? It seems like a terrible waste of bandwidth to let
hundreds, maybe thousands of users try one mirror after another only to
fail updating at the end...

Regards

Antti