Fedora 7 'issues' (printer)

Michael Hartley mike40033 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 23:06:26 UTC 2007

> Message: 5
> Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 11:19:59 +0000
> From: Tim Waugh <twaugh at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: Fedora 7 'issues' (printer)
> To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
>
> On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 11:15 +0900, Michael Hartley wrote:
> >
> > Under FC4, it worked ok once I managed to get it installed, but kept
> > disappearing, until someone from this list advised me how to tweak the
> > OS to make it work.
>
> Not sure what you mean about this.  Can you be more specific?  Perhaps
> it's relevant.

It was quite some time ago, but if you search the list archives for
mike40033 samsung, you'll probably find it.

By the way, I didn't upgrade to F7, I did a clean install on a new hard
disk.

> Under FC7, it worked for a couple of weeks, but now (after a YUM
> > update) the printer seems to be 'not connected - trying again in 30s'
>
> What does 'lpstat -s' say, and what does '/usr/sbin/lpinfo -v' say?

 [hartleym at genesis ~]$ lpstat -s
no system default destination
device for Samsung: usb://Samsung/ML-1510_700
[hartleym at genesis ~]$ /usr/sbin/lpinfo -v
network socket
network beh
direct hal
direct hpfax