downloading fc7 updates manually?

Dave Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Sat Nov 3 23:06:21 UTC 2007

I'd like to download all the rpms of security updates to fc7 since the
release. I will be using a machine running fc6, so "yum -y update"
won't actually do it.

If getting just the security updates is hard, I'd settle for getting
all the updates.

If for some reason getting the updates is hard, I guess I will have to
try to make a private mirror of the repository. That's a bit more
elaborate than I really need, but at least it has been discussed
recently on the list.

How should I choose a repository to get stuff from? Usually I just let
yum do it, and I don't know what's going on under the hood. Is there
some FAQ or howto I should look at? I tried googling and poking
around, found the basic release rpms at redhat.com, but can't figure
out where updates come from. Must be overlooking something obvious.

Thanks,
Dave