I don't want my home directory to be my Gnome desktop

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 5 09:19:47 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-11-02 at 18:04 +0000, Colin Paul Adams wrote:
> although set to false (the checkbox is not ticked) appears as ticked
> in the icon on the left (in the name column).

I'm not sure about your problem as you're working on the right area to
fix it, but that ticked icon just indicates that it's a boolean *type*
of option, not that it's been enabled.  You'll see the same for other
boolean options (that tickbox icon).

Other options where you type in strings of characters have a "letter a"
in the icon, and ones where you can put in a list of things have a
"series of bullet points" icon.

> permissions of ~/Desktop

  [tim at suspishus ~]$ ls -ld ~/Desktop/
  drwxr-xr-x 2 tim tim 4096 2007-10-26 02:32 /home/tim/Desktop/

There might be another setting that says "~/Desktop/" is the particular
directory to be used, but I don't find it quickly searching now.

--
[tim at bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.23.1-10.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.