Please 'leak' Fedora 8

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Nov 6 16:41:09 UTC 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 21:34:24 +1000,
  Res <res at ausics.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Nov 2007, Scott van Looy wrote:
>
> >Today Res did spake thusly:
> >
> >>And what of the other 3%? Well its tuff luck, and one thing to be sure of,
> >>a *criminal* never calls the police because someone is stopping them from
> >>commiting their crime.
> >
> >Unless they're in office in the US/UK...
>
> In the US it wouldnt surprise me at all, but the UK, that would :)
> The UK has far far far more sanity in their justice system.

They have their share of stupid laws as well. Having someone send you random
data can get you thrown in jail unless you can convince a judge that it
really is just random data and not encrypted data that you can be required
to provide the decryption keys for under penalty of a long jail sentence.

I have also read comlaints about potential abuse in their relatively recent
anti-nuisance law.

I suspect bad laws are common all over the world (at least anywhere there
are politicians).