yum: How to downgrade openoffice 2.3 to 2.2.1?

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Wed Nov 7 13:28:38 UTC 2007

Rob wrote:
> My work depends on openoffice; hence I want to
> downgrade back to 2.2.1.

Downgrading is probably the best course, but the performance issue looks
like it's fixed in the current snapshot as well. The snapshots install
independently of the stable releases, so that might also be a
possibility for an easier fix until 2.3.1 is released. I have 2.3 from
F7 and OO.org, as well as snapshots for 2.3.1 and 2.4 currently
installed--Whee!

Obviously, it's a snapshot, so it could be unstable--you'd have to
remember that and make sure you have safe backups, but hopefully you're
doing that already.

<Joe