alfresco installation?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Thu Nov 8 02:34:41 UTC 2007

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007, Jeff Gustafson wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-11-07 at 16:26 -0500, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>
> > if someone wants to produce the step-by-step recipe for F8, i'll
> > gleefully host it at my wiki here:
> >
> >   http://www.crashcourse.ca/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
> >
> > rday
> >
> > p.s.  i'm particularly interested in whether openJDK is sufficient for
> > this.  anyway, i'll start a wiki page and document what i've got so
> > far.
>
> 	I just tried running it on OpenJDK on a Rawhide install
> (probably pretty close to what F8 will be).  So far no luck.  Lots
> and lots of errors.

i may be misreading stuff badly, but i don't see how it's even
*remotely* possible that alfresco, out of the box, is going to install
on fedora 8.  check out the "start_oo.sh" script that's installed and
is invoked when you try to start alfresco:

===================
#!/bin/sh
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Start script for the OpenOffice transform service
# ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

echo "Starting OpenOffice service..."

# Comment or uncomment the appropriate location using #
@@ALFRESCO_DIR@@/openoffice.org2.1/program/soffice "-accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager" "-env:UserInstallation=file://@@ALFRESCO_DIR@@/oouser" -nologo -headless -nofirststartwizard &

# If NeoOffice on Mac OS X
#/Applications/NeoOfficeJ.app/Contents/program/soffice "-accept=socket,host=localhost,port=8100;urp;StarOffice.ServiceManager" -nologo -headless &
===================

  notice anything untoward?  um, yeah ... that invocation of
"soffice".  staroffice?  jeebus, but that's just broken.  i'll hunt
around and see if anyone has documented the fedora install, maybe on
the alfresco forums, but this just doesn't look promising, does it?

  i'll still write up my adventure on my wiki page, then give your
recipe a shot.

rday
Robert P. J. Day
Waterloo, Ontario, CANADA