Fedora lifetime and stability

Serguei Miridonov mirsev at cicese.mx
Thu Nov 8 15:32:23 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have some remarks about Fedora lifetime and stability which
are very important for general users. Now and in the past
there were some issues with Fedora upgrades which turned life
into nightmare when instead of doing normal work users had to
fight with bugs, sending reports, waiting fixes, etc.

I think that it might be a good idea to increase the time
between Fedora releases and/or make the lifetime of every
release at least 2-3 years.

However, before starting a discussion about this I would like
to ask, if this topic was discussed earlier. I'm sure it was
but can somebody point me any deep analysis which really
proves that current one year lifetime and half-year release
period is the best for Fedora?

Thank you in advance.

Serguei.