Couple of Scripts

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Nov 8 23:04:02 UTC 2007

Thom Paine wrote:
> I am looking for a couple of scripts to do the following.
>
> 1. I would like a script that can look at my messages file and show me
> how many times and when I get disconnected from my isp. Then post this
> to a simple webpage on my server.

G'day, Thom. Haven't seen you in years. Still having Windows fun?

I do this on RHL 7.3:
[root at magpie root]# cat /etc/ppp/ip-down.local
date | mail -s 'ISP down'  summer at example.com

[root at magpie root]# cat /etc/ppp/ip-up.local
service firewall start
date | mail -s 'ISP up'  example.com

[root at magpie root]#

> 2. Another script that will look at maillog and tell me what messages
> are rejected. Some of my users are concerned they are not getting
> legitimate email and with mailscanner and some snert milters running,
> I'm not sure the best way to figure this out.
>
> Does anyone have some already made? I would think that there would be
> other people doing this.

Doesn't logwatch already give you this (it does on Debian).

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait