udev issue

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Fri Nov 9 09:13:18 UTC 2007

Today Andrea Mastellone did spake thusly:

> Scott van Looy wrote:
>> I just upgraded to fedora 8 (and also installed a sata DVD drive) - now
>> udev hangs. I've tried booting with acpi=off and it still hangs, any
>> other suggestions? I'm off to work now, tonight I'll probably try
>> turning off the DVD drive and seeing if that's the thing that's broken
>> it, other than that, what can I look at?
>>
>> Scott
>>

> perhaps noapic at kernel boot may help ?
>
> Andrea

Didn't appear to, still got the same result.

If I turn on rhgb then it crashes with a garbled screen at about the point
it goes into the graphical boot - could I have unseated the gfx card or
something?

Any other ideas?

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk