pptp-linux (pptp) on a Fedora DVD

Serguei Miridonov mirsev at cicese.mx
Fri Nov 9 15:37:06 UTC 2007

On Friday 09 November 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Kevac Marko wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > Here, in Russian Federation, 90% of home internet
> > providers use PPTP for the internet access.
> > So 80% of Fedora users from Russian Federation have same
> > problem of installing and configuring pptp client. It
> > includes very unpleasant "go to another box with internet
> > connection, download rpm package, go back and install it".
> >
> > I don't know what situation is in another countries with
> > pptp, but i be very glad to see pptp client on a Fedora
> > DVD.
> >
> > So, questions are:
> > 1. Why pptp package is still not there? Some license
> > issues? 2. Will it be included in Fedora DVD?
> > 3. How can i help?
>
> fedora-devel list is the better place for these questions.

Quote from
======================================
About fedora-devel-list:

This list is only for discussion of development issues in the
Fedora Project.

THIS IS NOT A SUPPORT LIST. THIS LIST IS FOR DEVELOPMENT
DISCUSSION ONLY.

Users should use one of these sites:
FedoraForum.org
Fedora @ LinuxQuestions.org
Fedora Users Mailing List
FedoraFAQ.org

As it seems from the that quote, only discussion on development
are permitted in that list. Kevac Marko wrote about general
problem which is (or may be) related to (1) support for some
specific thing, (2) Fedora philosophy to include or reject
already known software. I don't think this post would be
welcome in fedora-devel-list. So, it seems that he posted his
question in the right place.