F8 install stalls - any solution/workaround?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Nov 9 17:23:56 UTC 2007

Marcel Janssen wrote:
> On Friday 09 November 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Try the workaround mentioned in
>>
>> http://smolts.org/wiki/System/Dell_Inc./Latitude_D620
>>

> This worked for me too on a Compaq EVO N1020v where I had a similar problem.

Good. It would be useful if folks having succesful runs around the same
problems, create appropriate wiki entries connected to their Smolt
profiles in the above website.

Smolt is a hardware profiler connected to rating and ompatibility
information.

# yum install smolt
# smoltSendProfile

Click on the link it provides you. On the top you would have the system
model information. Clicking on that would link you to the Smolt wiki
where you can provide any information you want on your particular
hardware. Your profile would also have other hardware lists that you can
  rate by different criterias. Others can see your rating and connected
wiki documentation too.

Rahul