IcedTea Firefox and SELinux

Knute Johnson knute at frazmtn.com
Fri Nov 9 18:00:40 UTC 2007

>Knute Johnson <knute <at> frazmtn.com> writes:
>
>> There are some indeterminate issues with icedtea as far as I'm
>> concerned.  I couldn't get it to work as a plugin at all.  I did get
>> Sun's Java installed and working however (if you want those
>> instructions let me know).  The last step of that is to remove
>> nspluginwrapper.  That seems to make Sun's plugin work, you might try
>> it.
>>

>I'd be interested to hear how you got Sun's Java working, it's eluded me so far.
>
>I tried rebuilding from JPackage nosrc RPMs (with my F7 spec file), but the
>resultant packages want the XFS font server installed..
>
>I've also tried installing the Sun binary RPM and the -compat RPM from JPackage,
>the plugin showed up in Firefox, but I never got any applets to start up..
>
>Thanks,
>Jon.

I've tested this a couple of times on F8rc3 Live.  So if there are
changes with F8 or differences with the DVD install I don't know yet.

Please let me know how it works.  I'm planning on making a web page
with instructions and info when I have some :-).

How to get Sun's Java running on F8rc3

As root  -

1) Download the Sun Java Linux RPM from java.sun.com and install it.

2) Fix the Xinerama bug with

	sed -i 's/XINERAMA/FAKEEXTN/g'
/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03//jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.so

	Save a copy if you want to restore it to original.

3) Put the link to

	/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_03/jre/plugin/i386/ns7libjavaplugin_oji.so into

	/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

4) Install compat-libstdc++-33

5) Remove nspluginwrapper

Now you should be able to compile and run Java applications, run Java
Applets in Firefox and load and run Java Web Start programs.

--
Knute Johnson
Molon Labe...