F8 NetworkManager & WPA2 PSK

Bernd Bartmann bernd.bartmann at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 18:38:55 UTC 2007

Hi,

I just installed Fedora 8 on my DELL Latitude D620 with Intel WLAN
card and so far everything is looking really good besides that I can't
get a connection to my WLAN access point.
The AP is an Linksys WRT54GL, the ESSID is set to hidden and it has
WPA2 PSK enabled. I've no problem connecting from WinXP
In Fedora 8 I enabled the services NetworkManager &
NetworkManagerDispatcher (BTW: Why are these services not enabled by
default?). After logging in into GNOME I see the NetworkManager tray
icon, click on it and select "Connect to an other wireless network".
It then asks me to enter the ESSID and after that I can select the
auth type, but there is no option for "WPA2 PSK". It offers me "WPA
PSK" and "WPA & WPA2 Enterprise". What do I have to do to get get
working WLAN connection with WPA2 PSK?

Thanks in advance,
Bernd.