iptables

Strong strong_yethumble at pochta.ru
Fri Nov 9 20:07:02 UTC 2007

On Fri, 09 Nov 2007 08:17:44 +0900 John Summerfield
<debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
> He posted his rules to the list. His policy is accept, but he had a
> global reject that would cause the message he saw.

Where in the global reject was?

> Does this help?
> # service iptables stop
No. How it can help, if no route is specified?

But I have changed to this:
iptables -A FORWARD -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -d 192.168.0.0/24 -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE

and now it works. Weird that adding the last line (without 'iptables '
at the line beginning, of course) to the iptables file did error message
at iptables restart. But loaded from command line is fine. How I can
save the rules to survive reboot? Is there a tool provided for the
iptables configuration, not system-config-security?