f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 10 00:08:26 UTC 2007

John Summerfield wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/FeatureNetworkManager
>
> That's not exactly user documentation, I'm not surprised it doesn't get
> much attention.

Nobody said it was user documentation so don't assume it is. It is a
feature specification and a development plan for developers and works
well for that audience.

> ps those two bugs seem fairly critical to me.

Which two bugs?  I have no idea what you are talking about.

> pps Use of Ubuntu's upstart may help, it can start system services
> (/etc/iit.d) as services (eg network, USB devices) become available.
> It's also pretty quick.

Look up "DBus Activation". This whole discussion has gone off the point
that it not relevant at all to the original questions asked anyway. So I
am off it now.

Rahul