f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Nov 10 06:22:03 UTC 2007

Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 22:29 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Aaron Konstam wrote:
>>
>>> You need to read what you say. I know you are trying to answer every
>>> ones questions and it is hard to keep up. I did not say graphical front
>>> end. I said front end.
>>   You were the one that said their were a variety
>>> of applications that would act as a "front end" or give access to NM in
>>> rl 3. What are they?
>> I was talking only about graphical frontend's and usually daemons
>> wouldn't have any command line front end's.
> I guess any deamon of a bit of importance with a little bit of history
> has one.
>
> The fact nm doesn't seem to have speaks for itself.

NM is a daemon that was originally designed to manage wireless networks
on a laptop. Why would you want a command line interface for that? As it
extends further maybe but as of now I don't see any good use case for
that. There are others like yum-updatesd that doesn't like really have
any command line interfaces to the daemon itself. It is pretty common in
that aspect. They are merely desktop application helpers.

Rahul