Wireless (iwl4965AGN) works with Live CD but not DVD install

Christopher A. Williams fedoralists at cawllc.com
Sat Nov 10 14:49:47 UTC 2007

I found a work around to the non-working Intel 4965AGN WiFi adapter on
my system that makes no sense. I re-installed several times just to make
sure (making for a very long night).

The upshot of it is that if I install using the Live CD or DVD (32 or 64
bit), the Intel WiFi card works with no issues out of the box. If, OTOH,
installing from the install DVD (32 or 64 bit), the WiFi card never
works correctly.

There is obviously something wrong in the configuration in the DVD
install that is just fine in the Live version. I don't know what that
difference is.

Also, let me put in a plug for someone to spin a Live DVD that includes
OOo as well as the other packages already on the live CD.

Cheers,

Chris

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.

--Yogi Berra