f8: NetworkManager + runlevel 3 problem

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Sun Nov 11 01:15:51 UTC 2007

John Summerfield writes:

>> Just telling users to suck it up and use something else instead is very
>> dismissive.
>
> Thanks Chris.
>
> Wireless on Fedora sucks, and it seems it will suck for time to come.

It is very difficult to defend such a broad, absolute statement. All one
needs is one counterexample, and your assertion is defeated.

I have two laptops here, with two different Intel wireless chipsets.

I installed Fedora 7 on box laptops, and wireless worked from the first
boot. Everything's juts peachy. My only complaint is having to enter the
stupid gnome keyring password, every time after logging in, in order to
retrieve the WPA passphrases.