USB drives going read-only

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Mon Nov 12 02:49:01 UTC 2007

I have some USB drives I use for backup and sneakernet, and I've noted
that if unused they become read-only after being unused for a while. I
have seen this on FC[678] and it's annoying rather than critical,
because of the way I use the drives.

mount still shows as rw, unmount and mount clears.

Ring any bells? I don't have enough details to file a good bug yet, if
this is known I won't bother.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>