Concerning wireless light on my laptop

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Nov 12 05:44:01 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-11-11 at 15:35 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Someone said recently that the wireless indicator light does not gone
> on when they connect. Well neither does mine in F7.

With the current kernel, my wireless lights stay lit all the time,
regardless of anything that I could do.  With the prior kernel they
stayed off, regardless.

> However, this machine double boots to Win XP and in that operating
> system the wireless indicator light works.

Likewise...  The original Windows installation uses them as hardware
status indicators:

  Off - wireless disabled
  On - wireless enabled

But mine doesn't actually use them for activity status.  They don't
change when using wireless (i.e. there's no blinking during reception
not transmission), and they don't change for network availability (it's
lit if you've enabled your wireless hardware, whether or not their is
another wireless device to connect to).

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.